Enjoyable time in Savannah Georgia museums.

caseloadr

Spent last week on my honeymoon in Savannah Georgia . My new bride let me check out a couple of museums that were informative and nice to look around. The first museum was Webbs Military Museum on 411 East York in Savannah, though not very big it was informative and interesting back ground information from Mr Webbs family history and his collection, which the nice lady at the counter stated that it was only part of the collection . Museum is open 10-5 daily except Sunday 12-4. Savannah Military Tours also operate from the museum address, I wasn't able to do that tour due to time constraints but it looks like it would be fun.

The second museum though not strictly all military is The Ships of the Sea at 41 Martin Luther King Blvd. I talked with the gentleman at the counter who also belongs to this forum {sorry I forgot his name on here} and was pleasantly surprised with the display of ship models and background stories of said ships. I liked the display on the USS Savannah crew and the German Fritiz antiship missle that struck the ship off of Salerno in 1943.

My camera was kaput so I didn't take any photos. The Ships of the Sea is opened ties thru Sunday 10-5 I believe I also lost the information pamphlet coming home.

I wish I would have had more time to visit both Fort Pulaski and Jackson along with the Mighty Eighth Air force Museum. Maybe next time

I've been wanting for years to make a good long tour of southern states' military sites and museums... I'd better hurry it up a bit, at this point.

The only one I've gotten to down there thus far is Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond.

Thanks for that report.

teufelhunde.ret

The Mighty Eighth is a great museum that you should see next time.

The finest unit museum on the east coast, only a quarter mile off I95. Some fotos from my last visit, it needs to be on your bucket list!

IMG_2531.JPG