OK I'm not a knife guy....Is this even military?

Gator

OK so I am not a knife/bayonet intelligent kind of guy but I saw this posted as a WW2 theater made knife and wanted to know if such creatures even existed and if so were they "theater" made and how do you know if it was? What does one ask or look for when trying to confirm as such? Lastly do they have a collectible value?

Thanks in advance

post-5028-0-29439100-1475382905_thumb.jpg

It has the same style...configuration and components you see made during WWII...Theater or shop made.

Hey, you're never going to know for sure but what the heck. If you like knives it's a nice looking one. ...and as tarbridge says, the style and components look right.

Looks like a WW2 period knife. You never know. I have a few knives made after the war since who ever made it dated it. So people still made them up through Vietnam and probably today.

Early in the war into 1943 there was a shortage of knives. There were knife drives and vocational schools making knives also private citizens making knives. I imagine a lot of them were made aboard ships by sailors. Being a former sailor I know those guys would be churning out knives if there is a buck to be made.