bunch of brothers? cousins? classmates? WW2 group portrait

BROBS

picked this up on vacation in Colorado this summer.

interesting to see this group picture.. and some nice awards in front.

Can't see the airborne guy's shoulder patch..

just figured I would share it.. in a way illustrates how many people entered the service in WW2.

-Brian

post-114538-0-60611600-1475334833_thumb.jpg

There does seem to be a family resemblance to some of them. Interesting photo.

Yes now that you mention it.

Perhaps these two I encircled, maybe even the K Det, West Point I gather.

post-34986-0-31988700-1475372549_thumb.jpg

There is a Valley City in North Dakota and while this isn't a perfect match it may be a lead. It is the story about the Albrecht family who sent 8 sons to war.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inforum.com/variety/3783571-neighbors-eight-sons-nd-couple-served-during-world-war-ii%3famp

A few of Valley City's nation wide I'm afraid, good article never the less.

Though if this Valley City ND, Unlikely these are them, two of them, Harold, Navy was killed during the war, in that Typhoon out in the pacific in Dec 44, another, Carl, also Navy, a Corpsman, KIA on Iwo, and there's no mention of a Airborne GI, one on the left is a Paratrooper.

• 3 weeks later...

Austin.. good possibilities and I'm not sure about their relation.. but I am thinking maybe they were all related in some way?

A lot of the guys' head shape/eye/ear pattern are very similar.

that link to the paratrooper's obit.. maybe I'm crazy but I swear that's him! Look at the ears and nose on the old man... they look just like this guy IMO.

It's an interesting photo for sure and I'd love to find out more about it. The obit lists survivors.. maybe one of them would recognize the photo or him in it?

-Brian

There is a paratrooper named Ralph Eidsvig from that county who served in A Battery, 680th GFAB, 17th Airborne Division. Could be him?

Saw that but he wouldn't qualify for a CIB as he was FA...Wonder if they're glider wings or para wings pictured?