M43 jacket without pocket tab.

kai robert

I recently bought this jacket, it has a printed version of "how to use" with draw string illustration so I guess spec. 370-E from May-45 or later.

The odd thing is that there is no pocket tag and no sign of it either. Is that common??

(the patch is placed a little low, might have been added later)

post-9415-0-83340500-1475180920_thumb.jpg

post-9415-0-58263000-1475180953_thumb.jpg

post-9415-0-20681800-1475180988_thumb.jpg

Welp nice jacket, excellent condition, buttt, the 82nd patch is a post 68 one, merrowed edge you see, so....not proper, and I don't believe a " WWII Vet" added for a parade either :)

Welp nice jacket, excellent condition, buttt, the 82nd patch is a post 68 one, merrowed edge you see, so....not proper, and I don't believe a " WWII Vet" added for a parade either :)

That´s what I thought, that the patch was modern or repro and added by a reenactor.

But I really like the jacket, very nice condition, only missing one button at the cuff. There is some minor wear and also a laundry number in it. Do you use laundry nr. today?, or when did that end?

That´s what I thought, that the patch was modern or repro and added by a reenactor.

But I really like the jacket, very nice condition, only missing one button at the cuff. There is some minor wear and also a laundry number in it. Do you use laundry nr. today?, or when did that end?

Don't think it's used today, numbers like this ended in the late 60s, then only Social Security Numbers used, if anything, then last 4 digits of SSN.