Opinions on this MKII

Rifleman

I haven't received this yet.I won't know the make till I get it.Looks correct to me.I see yellow coming through the green paint.What do you think?

post-3433-0-58154500-1474849379.jpg

post-3433-0-64561700-1474849389_thumb.jpg

looks good to me, but I do have a question for group. when did they stop painting entire body yellow?. Actually I thought that when solid bottoms where made, they had stopped painting whole body yellow. and only yellow band at top was applied to entirely OD body. If this were true however, solid bottoms would never have yellow coming thu OD.

looks good to me, but I do have a question for group. when did they stop painting entire body yellow?. Actually I thought that when solid bottoms where made, they had stopped painting whole body yellow. and only yellow band at top was applied to entirely OD body. If this were true however, solid bottoms would never have yellow coming thu OD.

Cant give you an exact date but this solid bottom was sent home by the vet in 1943

post-342-0-54969600-1427594650.jpg

• post-342-0-66653900-1427596035.jpg

Dirt Detective

"In October of 1942 the Ordnance committee recommended that ammunition filled with HE, including grenades , should be painted in a lusterless olive drab paint. All newly manufactured grenades were painted in the new color. Grenades in depots were repainted green and those in the hands of troops would be painted if practicable."

As stated in " The Grenade Recognition Manual Vol 1A1 "

Im gonna bet its a M10A2 spoon.. ..:)

Give Mike a Kewpie Doll,he hit the nail right on the head,it's an M10A2 spoon.How did you know?I just got the grenade in the mail.It's too late this evening to get good pictures so they'll have to wait till tomorrow.It's an American Fireworks body.Can't make out the spoon make.

Persian Gulf Command

Rifleman,

Now that you posted the better photos your Mk2 can be confirmed as an original OD green oversprayed orenance yellow example. Its nice to see just a little of the yellow under the green. The zinc fuse was over sprayed as well with the green paint. Nice find!