Very cool post Vietnam early Kevlar helmet with writing

trenchfoot

Hello. I just aquired this helmet and I absolutely love it. It has lots of character has the follow me stripe on the back and 2 hearts in the side. Any help identifying the unit or division? (The heart is probably the unit or division symbol) The helmet is for some reason painted blue and is Kevlar. The chin straps are weird and are most likely replacements, but have been replaced a long time ago.post-163344-0-19496400-1474742236_thumb.jpegpost-163344-0-52755600-1474742245_thumb.jpeg

Looks like a M1 helmet with a Fritz cover installed

I just took the cover off. It's a Belgian m1 clone, but the weird thing is, the helmet was on the cover when it was sharpies. Does that mean it's fake?

Yup agree with AnDuc49, nothing about this helmet makes me think its real. Looks like something someone just made up, and all the parts just dont make sense. Real graffiti are pretty darn rare and this one has no wear that makes me think its been on it for any extended period of time....sorry.

Yup agree with AnDuc49, nothing about this helmet makes me think its real. Looks like something someone just made up, and all the parts just dont make sense. Real graffiti are pretty darn rare and this one has no wear that makes me think its been on it for any extended period of time....sorry.

Yeah that's dissapointing. I'm going to have to return it

Also, a side note. The Kevlar cover was made in 1992, so it couldn't have been in the 80's. Maybe someone's airsoft or reenacting helmet

Could a admin or mod change the name of this thread to " foreign m1 with graffiti Kevlar cover" I don't want the name of this thread to mislead people