WWII I Corps Ike uniform and overcoat at Salvation Army

GeneralCheese

I found these today, but didn't buy them as they're asking well over $100 for all of it. My question is, should I go back? Nothing is named or identified except for a laundry number in the garrison cap.

post-30085-0-81692200-1474658339.jpg

I wouldn't. $100 is mighty steep for an unidentified, stripped set like that. At that price it would have to have a decent theater-made divisional patch, but I don't see $100 worth of stuff here. My advice is save your money for something better.

Go back and check the pockets. If you find a hundred dollar bill, buy it.

Only a handkerchief in the pants pocket!

I asked if they would cut me a deal if I bought them all but they said they couldn't.

Only a handkerchief in the pants pocket!

I asked if they would cut me a deal if I bought them all but they said they couldn't.

It's good they didn't "cut you a deal". Cutting the price in half would still be too much. Very low value grouping (that would take up way too much real estate in your house). If ID'd, it could make for an interesting research project, but as-is, you have very common uniforms with even more common patches. If somebody offered the grouping to me for free, I'd take the cap and belt and walk away.