Found while helping friend clean a closet

DaddyDog

I have a friend with a very serious space issue inside his very large home. The entire home is filled with militaria, every closet, every floor, every room (minus kitchen and bath), floor to ceiling in some areas. Most of it is bagged up, stored in footlockers and stacked in boxes. The first photo shows one quarter of the room. I had to pile things up to be able to open the closet door.

My wife keeps me contained to one room. He busted that rule long ago.

While cleaning out one closet today; well...really the top two feet of one closet. I had to remove a few bags of helmets and other field gear to reach the actual closet.

We found some ERDL sets with red stamping inside the shirts. Are these ARVN? Most appear not used. Here are a few sample photos of uniforms.

post-6880-0-43578200-1473115445_thumb.jpg

post-6880-0-89031600-1473115527_thumb.jpg

post-6880-0-34542200-1473115557_thumb.jpg

vintageproductions

I have a friend with a very serious space issue inside his very large home. The entire home is filled with militaria, every closet, every floor, every room (minus kitchen and bath), floor to ceiling in some areas. Most of it is bagged up, stored in footlockers and stacked in boxes. The first photo shows one quarter of the room. I had to pile things up to be able to open the closet door.

My wife keeps me contained to one room. He busted that rule long ago.

While cleaning out one closet today; well...really the top two feet of one closet. I had to remove a few bags of helmets and other field gear to reach the actual closet.

We found some ERDL sets with red stamping inside the shirts. Are these ARVN? Most appear not used. Here are a few sample photos of uniforms.

Yes, these are ARVN

Found several bags of boonie hats like these. A dozen or so were ERDL dated 1968 and 1969 and this named Captain ranked hat from Desert Storm.

post-6880-0-55262700-1473118348_thumb.jpg

post-6880-0-62977700-1473118364_thumb.jpg

post-34986-0-32092300-1473124133_thumb.jpg

An interesting shirt, 3rd Missile Command was at Fort Bragg and inactivated there in February 1963. So After looking around, Pretty much convinced that this shirt once was worn by one Charles E. Tennesson. He retired in 1 August 1960. Of note he retained the old Crossed Cannons of the Field Artillery, after 1957 when AAA merged with FA to become one Branch, Artillery, he should of been wearing the new insignia.

post-34986-0-64291800-1473124776.jpg

http://valor.militarytimes.com/recipient.php?recipientid=54865

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1755&dat=19900406&id=TjAcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KHoEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5125,652023&hl=en

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=91434973

Post 5 - ATAS pattern, all terrain all seasons.

Nice CCU sets, i dont suppose he is looking to sell any?

My friend, Doug, is a member here but has never posted. He gave me permission to show the items within this post. Doug has a passion for militaria of all nations and periods and very much so for the persons who serve or have served. He has sold to me often, but more often has gifted greatly valued items to me. Just yesterday he gave me several very early boonie hats. Much of my collection is directly from Doug.

He no longer has a computer or smart phone to conduct sales online. He has sold by phone, generally after receiving business cards from persons wanting to buy.

He is planning to sell some things at a military show in Atlanta this November. That is why we have been cleaning out the closets, while he digs for stuff to sale.

It was a treasure hunt yesterday as we had fun finding things he had forgotten that he even had! Perhaps he will let me show more as we continue to clean the closet.

• 4 weeks later...

We are getting a little deeper in the closet now. I will start out with several tiger patterns shirts and pants.

This on we know nothing about.

post-6880-0-93887500-1475544040_thumb.jpg

post-6880-0-53503000-1475544062_thumb.jpg

We are getting a little deeper in the closet now. I will start out with several tiger patterns shirts and pants.

This on we know nothing about.

Modern.

Next up is a patched ERDL. May be difficult to see in the photos, but the pockets and tapes were all detached from the angle and re-sewn straight.

post-6880-0-66827000-1475544908_thumb.jpg

post-6880-0-53400000-1475544921_thumb.jpg

Here is a Navy set worth showing. This is one of the largest shirts I have ever seen, size XXL-XL.

post-6880-0-81712200-1475545252_thumb.jpg

The pants have been embroidered with what appears to be "Ruff Ryder". Name on tag says "Balance".

post-6880-0-53077100-1475545349_thumb.jpg

post-6880-0-29659700-1475545648.jpg

I found your man.

post-34986-0-55148500-1475546137.jpg

His OBIT

I regret to inform you of the death of James “Tex” I. Elledge (MSgt,Ret), age 81 of 220 Todd Cir; Warner Robins, GA who deceased on January 23, 2014 of unknown causes.

He was born on May 28, 1932 in Montague, TX to the parents William and Edna Elledge. He was also preceded in death by his loving wife Dorothy after 35 years of marriage; Son: James I. Elledge, Jr; Sisters: Alice Moreland and Nancy Labowski.

Hi memory will forever be treasured by his loving children: Maragret C. Pickles (Robert) of Mansfield, TX and Donald G. Elledge (Jennie) of Riverview, FL; five great grandchildren; brothers, William P. Elledge, Jr of Breckenbridge, TX and John H. Elledge of Odessa, TX, and several adoring nieces and nephews.

The funeral service took place at McCullough Funeral Home in Warner Robins, GA on January 28, 2014 with interment at Macon Memorial Park Cemetery in Macon, GA..

Tex graduated from the Combat Control School in Class 65-4. His military assignments were: Warner Robins, Forbes, Viet Nam, Mildenhall and Warner Robins.

Rest in Peace, CT

James ''Tex'' Elledge, 81, entered into rest on Thursday, January 23, 2014.

Tex was born on May 28, 1932 in Montague, Texas. He joined the U.S. Air Force at a young age retiring with the rank of Master Sergeant and twenty-eight years of honorable service. Tex was a resident of Warner Robins since 1995, however served his first and last assignments at Robins Air Force Base blessed with the gift of gab," Tex enjoyed sharing stories with family and friends. He was always there to assist others when needed.
His wife of fifty-five years, Dorothy J. Brinkley Elledge; son, James I. Elledge, Jr.; parents, William Paul and Edna Cook Elledge; and sisters, Alice Mattilene Moreland and Nancy Ann Labowski, preceded him in death.

His memory will forever be treasured by his loving children, Margaret Carolyn Pickles (Robert) of Mansfield, Texas and Donald G. Elledge (Jennie) of Riverview, Florida; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; brothers, William P. Elledge, Jr. of Breckenridge, Texas and John Hiarm Elledge of Odessa, Texas; and several adoring