HBT Trousers - WW2 or 1950s?

double canister

double canister

I've had this pair of HBT trousers for years. They are stone mint condition, but I always felt they were 1950s era. Can anybody determine? They are a small, and there are no other markings beyond the ink stamping pictured. They have the gas flap and side adjustment straps.

post-75788-0-20847300-1471640934_thumb.jpg

Did you know to check the pockets for a tag?

A tag like this one here, if present though it might be a blank piece of gauze.

post-8270-0-52085600-1464184683.jpg

double canister

In the right pocket, there is a single white thread dangling from a seam. That's all I've found. These trousers are absolutely stone mint. Thanks for your help.

In the right pocket, there is a single white thread dangling from a seam. That's all I've found. These trousers are absolutely stone mint. Thanks for your help.

Right, tag was probably torn off. I,m not sure of the actual pattern, like is it a 3rd Pattern etc, it has the waist tightening tabs. earlier patterns from what we seen don't have the tabs, so the guess is it's a late war made example.

Unless some new information has come out, these trousers are post war to my knowledge. WW2 trousers did not have the waist tab, or that style of markings and sizing. WW2 had specific sizes such as 34x32 etc,, not small, large etc.

CB

Unless some new information has come out, these trousers are post war to my knowledge. WW2 trousers did not have the waist tab, or that style of markings and sizing. WW2 had specific sizes such as 34x32 etc,, not small, large etc.

CB

Probably related to this shirt item I mentioned here in this topic below, an upgraded stock number stamping, had it's original guaze tag removed first I suspect Believe these cargo pocket pants the OP has dating from the 45-46 period right before the new M1947 pants came out.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/152048-late-pattern-hbt-shirtjacket/