help,USMC Officer Mameluke

Sergesquadron

Sergesquadron

Hello,

the differences USMC sword officer mameluke serial 322 and 323,I do not understant,we can date,thank you.

Serge

Sergesquadron

Please give a little more detail as to what information you're seeking.

Hello,

know if the model USMC sérial 322 and of old manufacturing or USMC sérial 323 and older,thank you.

Serge

Those numbers are manufacturer's codes not serial numbers. They generally date to the late 1950s and later. Most USMC officer swords are engraved with a name, if actually used. Finding the commissioning date of the officer will usually accurately date the sword. Semper Fi......Bobgee

Sergesquadron

Those numbers are manufacturer's codes not serial numbers. They generally date to the late 1950s and later. Most USMC officer swords are engraved with a name, if actually used. Finding the commissioning date of the officer will usually accurately date the sword. Semper Fi......Bobgee

Hello,

yes I understand better thank you for the answer.

Serge

Although usually identified as a "Serial Number" on the blade markings, these are actually the number of the certificate issued by the Marine Corps Systems Command stating the manufacturer's products meet USMC standards and can be marketed to Marines. Marlow White has a good explanation of the process on their site (http://www.marlowwhite.com/military-sword-information/m-faq-certified-marine-swords.html).

Theoretically, you should be able to build a chronological data base of when particular certificate numbers were issued, but I have never seen such a list, nor, for that matter, even the dates for an individual certificate number.

Sergesquadron

Hello,

thank you gentlemen for your answers, I have all the renseigements to choose a sword USMC mameluke, thank you again.

Serge