CW enlisted man artillery jacket

Hello,

I also posted this on the CivilWarTalk site. I've seen a couple of nice examples posted on this forum in the past. I was able to purchase this a few months ago and I had some time to photograph and post this thread. It's a CW enlisted mans artillery jacket. Most likely it was surplus and never issued. It has red artillery piping, all buttons present (most are Scovills & co extra marked while some have no maker mark), intact pillows (to help hold up a belt), blue wool lining (I understand these are a little more rare to find), Shafer inspector stamp from the Cincinnati Depot, larger size 3 dot marking, U.C.I. stamps indicating an original surplus jacket used by a theatre company postwar and some modern repairs. Most of the buttons have a similar patina but some may have been replaced.

On the mannequin display I use a nice repro Nick Sekela forage cap and an original CW canteen with a repro shoulder strap. Any comments are appreciated and I hope some of you may enjoy this jacket. I'll include about a dozen photos.

Best regards,

Frank

post-2899-0-59790800-1471354920_thumb.jpeg

post-2899-0-46044300-1471354939_thumb.jpeg

post-2899-0-41576300-1471354958_thumb.jpeg

Nice-- I love the liner!

I owned a Schuylkill Arsenal artillery shell jacket with the distinctive plaid lining at one time.

Scott

Nice-- I love the liner!

I owned a Schuylkill Arsenal artillery shell jacket with the distinctive plaid lining at one time.

Scott

Thanks for your comment. I've seen photos of the jackets with plaid linings. Nice that you had one.

Frank