Lost Items in New York City - August 2016

Andrei

My friend in NYC went to the Post Office building on Varick Street to pick up his mail and some mail for me.

There was a USPS box with a VN plaque, a green beret and a notebook for me. He opened the box to take the plaque out and thought that the padded envelopes with the beret and the notebook were there for protection purpose and he trashed them in the street dustbin in front of the Post Office building...

I know there is little chance to recover these items but if by any chance you see them on eBay or for sell in a NYC shop please let me know.

post-467-0-19938800-1471298352_thumb.jpg

Ugh That sucks !!! hope you get them back !!!

That sucks big time... Chances are very thin. My only hope is that a homeless person found them and sell them on the streets to someone who might put them on eBay or Craigslist...

Thanks Scott!

That really is some bad luck, but, why was he opening YOUR package to begin with? He should reimburse you for the loss due to his actions.

That really is some bad luck, but, why was he opening YOUR package to begin with? He should reimburse you for the loss due to his actions.

I was thinking the same...

I am located in Paris, France. My friend goes to NYC every two months for business purpose. So he picks up my stuff at the POBox of his brother who lives in NYC for 17 years.

He's my friend for 30 years. He is the first to be sorry. I will get my money back but the lost items were part of a larger grouping.

• 1 month later...

Sorry but 99.9% Chance the items are now in the Staten Island landfill as SDNY is pretty good about picking up trash daily on street bins.

Yes, I know... :(

maybe your friend took the items for his own collection? Ive known people to do things like this.

I never believe the lost in the mail story, lost = stolen

if he received the package he has your items, the envelope would have enough weight that it would be unlikely to throw it away without checking it first.