William Prugh aka Messsgtsjava on Ebay

Sarge8

I just found this out today. Many of you may have purchased from Bill on Ebay:

William Ernest Prugh, Jr.
  • 1Flag.jpg

Prugh, William Ernest, Jr. Age 71 of Ham Lake. Preceded in death by parents: William E. Sr. & Margaret Jetter Prugh. Survived by wife of 41 years, Margaret; daughter, Kathryn Prugh Ploehn (Casey); granddaughters: Emelia & Addison; a host of other relatives & friends. Bill worked as a sales representative, was an avid collector of historical military items, classic cars & trains. Memorial service at KOZLAK-RADULOVICH BLAINE CHAPEL (107th Ave. NE & Hwy. 65) Wednesday at 11:30 AM with visitation one hour prior. Interment Fort Snelling National Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials preferred to Solid Ground Shelter's supportive housing services for Veteran families, 3521 Century Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55110. kozlakradulovich.com "A Celebration of Life" 763-783-1100

Published on August 15, 2016

Thats a shock indeed.

I have known Bill from the Minnesota show going back to the 70s When I was a young collector.He sold me first set of Marine hbts ($4)and a M41 field jacket ($8)from the mountainous piles of clothing and gear on his table.let.He was often surprised someone of my age at the time knew what he was selling.He was selling US and I was a willing buyer be fore collecting US was "cool".....

Yes it was a shock. He and I have been going back and forth this past week about a few items that appear to be "lost in space" - of little consequence now. He was always fair and his prices were right. I will miss dealing with him.

May he Rest In Peace!

Sad news.

I enjoyed listening to his stories about his rag processor finds back in the 70s 80s ...

He will be missed.

Alex

Really sad to hear this! I've only recently started dealing with him and he was terrific to work with. I had a bid on one of his recent listings on eBay and it was cancelled along with all of his other auctions. I had hoped it wasn't bad news.

CNY Militaria

I too followed his listings and won some items. I wondered about his cancellation of auctions. RIP sir.

Kurt Barickman

Thats a shock indeed.

I have known Bill from the Minnesota show going back to the 70s When I was a young collector.He sold me first set of Marine hbts ($4)and a M41 field jacket ($8)from the mountainous piles of clothing and gear on his table.let.He was often surprised someone of my age at the time knew what he was selling.He was selling US and I was a willing buyer be fore collecting US was "cool".....

Ron,

Has he been set up at the last few shows in St.Paul? Very thin man always wearing a M-41 jacket?

Kurt

Yep That was him. He was usually set up behind us.

Bill always had us in stitches with a non-PC or off color joke. We would commiserate about the ebay uniform buyers "size queens" as he called them.

He will be missed.

Very sorry to hear. I had done business with him in the past, and I was always impressed by what he listed (no matter the size).

From a friend of Bill's that went to the funeral:

one of his neighborhood buddies gave a eulogy in his honor and read off Bill's affection for ebay and also his terms of sale

was a hoot, lots of laughs:

"...we don't measure, this won't fit you, your wife or girlfriend...

I have historical military items and not a haberdashery or men's furnishings......."

• 4 months later...

I had bought a lot of things from him as well and communicated with him more than once. Always positive. Several times he held items to combine shipping for weeks because I had bid on other items.....good guy and will be missed. Sorry I never had the pleasure in person.

Oh man, I just found this post. I had loads of fun dealing with Bob and Bill over the phone from their catalogue ("MM Collectibles") out of Shotgun News; they always had good stuff, with great prices, all of which I still have.

Really sorry to hear this. Thanks for the great memories, Mr. Pugh!

I'd never met nor dealth with him, but his sales terms tell me he was my kind of guy. Sounds like he has a well-earned reputation for doing business on the square.

RIP Sir

From a friend of Bill's that went to the funeral:

one of his neighborhood buddies gave a eulogy in his honor and read off Bill's affection for ebay and also his terms of sale

was a hoot, lots of laughs:

"...we don't measure, this won't fit you, your wife or girlfriend...

I have historical military items and not a haberdashery or men's furnishings......."