APOLLO 11 ~ MISSION SUPPORT & RECOVERY FLEET

firefighter

How cool are these! Are these something you just picked up? When we went to the Smithsonian Air and Space museum (whoo . . . about 15 years ago now), I got a repro of the plain Apollo 11 patch that you have on top. My sister and I were just nuts about the Space Program, and Mom made us the blue jump suits even, so we had patches for different missions all over them! ;o) We also had Space mission patches all over our soft-sider luggage, too! There are so many fun things to do with the embroidered patches!

This is very cool to see older ones! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. I have had these for about the last 20 years or so.The two on the bottom seem to have better detail, surface of the moon and Earth.

• 9 months later...
willysmb44

A company called Lion Brothers made these for space fans way back in the day.

They're not all that terribly collectible for space program fans as they weren't real NASA patches.

• 1 month later...
firefighter

A company called Lion Brothers made these for space fans way back in the day.

They're not all that terribly collectible for space program fans as they weren't real NASA patches.

Thank you for the information. I don't collect NASA patches, just picked these up cheap.

Were the based off real designs, not the Apollo 11?

willysmb44

Thank you for the information. I don't collect NASA patches, just picked these up cheap.

Were the based off real designs, not the Apollo 11?

No, they're fantasy patches made from altering the Apollo 11 design by adding text to it.

Not an official NASA patch.

FYI, for anyone with similar questions, I strongly suggest this site: http://www.collectspace.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi Us military collectors have nothing on die-hard space collectors!

No, they're fantasy patches made from altering the Apollo 11 design by adding text to it.

FYI, for anyone with similar questions, I strongly suggest this site: http://www.collectspace.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi Us military collectors have nothing on die-hard space collectors!

Yep, Collectspace is one of my favorites, right after USMF, of course.. Great people and tons of information.

Mikie

firefighter

Thank you for the information and link