USAAF Type G3a anti g trousers help

littlebuddy

littlebuddy

Im looking at purchasing a pair of TYPE G3a anti g trousers , they are the ones produced by Musingwear ,

s-l1600.jpg

Thoughts and help please

LB

northcoastaero

Possibly used during late WWII by the USAAF. Used by the USAF during the Korean War in the F-86, F-84, F-80,

T-33, F-94, F-51, F-82, etc. Hope this helps.

littlebuddy

Thankyou for that Northcoast . I'm sure they are pre 1947 issue as they have an AAF stencil on the torso band

LB

BlueBookGuy

G-3A has been standardized in late January 1943, maybe it's unlikely this variant still saw any action in WW2 in Europe..

More probable in the Pacific theatre, but according to some serious sources the AAF fighter units there didn't even wish using the basic G-3 pattern due to some contingency reason - maybe related to the type of air war fighter vs. fighter, a well-rooted preference for US pilots not to do dogfights against the Japanese airplanes.

littlebuddy

Franco , were the G3a standardised as early as 1943 ??? i thought it was late 44 ??

thanks for the input ! :)

LB

Yes it looks like it ! The G2 was also used although it is much rarer to find. You can see easily the difference with the hose. The G3 as a short but large hose whereas the G2 has a long thin hose.

Here are some G2 :

captur11.jpg

BlueBookGuy

Sorry, a terrifyying blunder!! I meant 1945 of course ....

G-2 standardized on 19th June 1944, G-3 on 14th August 1944, and G-3A on 10th March 1945.

littlebuddy

Yes it looks like it ! The G2 was also used although it is much rarer to find. You can see easily the difference with the hose. The G3 as a short but large hose whereas the G2 has a long thin hose.

Here are some G2 :

captur11.jpg

Julien ,do you have any pairs of the anti g trousers ?

littlebuddy

Sorry, a terrifyying blunder!! I meant 1945 of course ....

G-2 standardized on 19th June 1944, G-3 on 14th August 1944, and G-3A on 10th March 1945.

Easy mistake to make Franco ! :D

Here are the pictures. I have the authorization of the owner of the to post them here. He just wants me to tell you it comes from a french from named

http://usaaf.forumactif.com/

It is forum about the USAAF and the RAF.

I have never seen an another G2 suit in an another collection. I have heard that only 3500 were made and tested in the ETO.

captur12.jpg
captur13.jpg
captur15.jpg
captur14.jpg

Yer killing me Carl! Those are on my list for my fighter pilot. One of these days :)

Dan , they are the second pair i have found on Ebay in as many months. This pair are named to a pilot , of which i need to do some research on , the seller of these has many more items pertaining to the same guy , but i just cant afford to buy it all which is a shame !

LB

I really like this topic beqause i'm looking for these g trousers but have no luck with finding them for years.

Never have seen the G-2 trouser in real.

I was fortunat to buy a G-3a in mind condition five years ago .

Yes some few years ago and yesterday by all the luck in the world i found a other one on ebay.

Was looking for a other pair of G-3a trouser and it was not easy.

Will send some picts .

Here my G-3A presently being worn on a mannequinn.

I do not exclude to give it away in a future, should decide parting company with this full-size guy (for another one's benefit, of course).

post-151851-0-31723300-1471695219_thumb.jpg