The Day Of The Panzer ( 15th Regiment 3rd inf Div )

patchtrader864

patchtrader864

BY Jeff Danby Book is about L company 15th regiment 3rd infantry div southern France WW2 . company level combat

most of the book is based one battle with a german unit and a panther tank .

I have the posthumous WWII Bronze Star medal awarded to PFC Donald Sigrist of third platoon L Company whom is cited in this book. The write up is great. He knocked out a German machine gun team that had his unit pinned down. He was not wounded in this action, but was seriously wounded in October, returned to L Company and was made a SGT and squad leader. He was wounded again on December 26, 1944 and returned to L Company a second time. On January 12th, 1945 he was killed leading a night patrol at age 20. He was awarded the Bronze Star after his death for his action previously in knocking out the German machine gun team.I have never seen the book, but this information I believe is taken from the book. Any confirmation would be appreciated if anyone has seen the book. This is a great piece.

patchtrader864

Yes thats all in this book he took out that mg, 75 yards from him with his m1 he stood up and fired two clips into the mg team . Paul