CBI collar devices ?

usaaf93

Hello

I picked up these USAAF collar devices. Are they CBI made ?

I picked up in a lot these overseas bar. Are they ww2 era ? They are brown like the collar pins but are merrowed edge.

Thanks for your help

s-l50010.jpg
215.jpg
20160824.jpg
20160825.jpg

doinworkinvans

I have always associated these with CBI made. For the bush jackets and tan shirts which was common in the theater.

Those AC and U.S. plus the Captains Bars will be U.S. Made, Khaki Twill. These were used by an array of officers Army Wide in WWII/Post War/1950s, on the Khaki shirt and Khaki coat, OD backing Ditto, on the OD Wool shirt/Class Coat OD type. Since the A ones seen hear are paired with the U.S. Officers type, we suspect they came off a period Khaki Dress coat, the U.S. worn on the collar with the BOS worn on the lower lapel some officer opted for the cloth insignia instead of the metal badges. There were to be sure Theater made examples of this type both on Khaki and OD, but these are as mentioned American made, like the ones below.

post-34986-0-82769000-1376720321.jpg

thanks for your help patches

Threres a couple or more that show a lot of these U.S. made insigina on both Khaki and OD, but I can't seem to find them now.

doinworkinvans

Patches please post the evidence of these being US made....I am not disagreeing I just would like to see. I have a bush jacket with these style on it so I am curious

Patches please post the evidence of these being US made....I am not disagreeing I just would like to see. I have a bush jacket with these style on it so I am curious

See the above image of the MP and Armored ones, these are bacically of the same type as the ones in the OP, U.S. Made. That they are on the CBI Bush jacket will be alright, but they're use would not be exclusive to CBI British Bush Jackets, if they are in fact U.S. made like these are, they might be theater made on yours, some times these theater made ones are directly embroidered. Ones that would be theater made usually being IDed as such because of their non standard appearance just like most theater made insignia from WWII.

There's a few here in this topic, mostly on various OD wools, but a couple would be theater made, like that one AC prop and Wing on the bottom on a OD poplin or such.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/249402-ww2-usaaf-cloth-wings/

And this example below of AC officers BOS, they're the same basically, just subtle differences to the OP Wing prop due to manufacture as will be the case.

post-34986-0-51523500-1470499913.jpg

Here one from WAF, CBI, can't really tell if they are U.S. or theather made, there's no close up.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50507