Monroeville, PA - the MAX Show

Screamingeagles101

Screamingeagles101

2016 MAX Show

October 6-9, 2016

Monroeville Convention Center

Monroeville, PA

Has anyone ever been to this show?

I'm thinking of going. Can anyone please give me some insight on how big it is and some tips.

Also is anyone else going?

Best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent show. For years it was the biggest Third Reich-oriented show in the counry, but has expanded its base and now includes many of the major dealers in all areas of militaria. It has about 800 tables, in three rooms, as I recall, so there is something for everyone.

It was recently acquired by the OVMS, so expect the base to broaden even more. Overall, well worth the drive.

Screamingeagles101

Excellent show. For years it was the biggest Third Reich-oriented show in the counry, but has expanded its base and now includes many of the major dealers in all areas of militaria.  It has about 800 tables, in three rooms, as I recall, so there is something for everyone.

It was recently acquired by the OVMS, so expect the base to broaden even more.  Overall, well worth the drive.

800 tables sounds great!

There is US Militaria there as well?

Thanks.

All Militaria...I think they are in the 950 range on tables...Great show...Yes...US items.

Screamingeagles101
All Militaria...I think they are in the 950 range on tables...Great show...Yes...US items.[/quote

Perfect, will you be attending?

Will anyone on the forum be attending

I will need to by a forum shirt to represent! Haha

Screamingeagles101

Nice, looking forward to going!

CNY Militaria

I went last year for the first time, plenty of US to make the trip worthwhile. I'll go again this year....it's no SOS, but it's a good lead in to it. If you go to any show, plan for SOS.

I set up at both The Max and SoS.....and totally agree with the above.... Plenty of stuff...US and other nations....at Monroeville....

...but if you can only go to one show...go to SoS.

Both are great...!

Screamingeagles101

Not sure if I'm going to fly or drive there. Coming from NY.

Does anyone know the nearest airport to the convention center?

Is it PIT?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread from last month...I'm going to the MAX this year and dragging GIKyle with me. :D This will be my first year and it coincided perfectly with a research trip for my book.

Anyone else besides tarbridge, CNY, and MAW going? I'm really looking forward to it!

Screamingeagles101

Unfortunately it would appear that my work and school schedule to not allow for time :(

I will not be making it this year

I'll be there...all the way from the west coast of Canada! .... I'll be meeting up with Mike (sgtdorango) and we have a couple of sales tables....

See y'all there!

Rick

I'll have four tables of orders, decorations and medals of the world. In the main entrance and turn left. When you hit Tarbridge's tables, you're one aisle too far.

I'm in the "cheap seats" aka...the "action room" as they brand it. 3 tables...90% US stuff...WW1 and WW2 groupings, equipment, photography, books, etc.....along with an assortment of other items and earlier era stuff. I'll try to remember to put a USMF sign up. Stop by and say "Hello!"....