Fantastic week for P1912 officer EGAs

stucky151

These all popped by by the same seller these past few days. Luckily was able to snag all three. Ive only seen one or two for sale these past few years and Im very happy to add these birds to the nest. Not in hand yet, but looks like all Gemsco pieces. This one appears to be a P1912 dress emblem with no fret work, and stamped Western Hemisphere.

post-52581-0-88982800-1469909008.jpeg

Came from the estate of Col Richard Amerine. Had a very interesting career as a Naval Aviator and was shot down on Guadalcanal. Killed an enemy soldier with a rock, stole

His weapon and killed three others as he made his way back. Was awarded a silver star for those actions.

Thats all she has, three large egas, the two collars that are still listed and she will be listing some tie bars soon. Unfortunatley, no uniforms or medals. The lady who is selling, is his step grand daughter.

Unfortunate...but you got some great emblems

Enjoy...I broke the bank recently...you won't be getting much competition from me for awhile B)

ViewfinderGyrene

Came from the estate of Col Richard Amerine. Had a very interesting career as a Naval Aviator and was shot down on Guadalcanal. Killed an enemy soldier with a rock, stole

His weapon and killed three others as he made his way back. Was awarded a silver star for those actions.

Damn....so unfortunate nothing else left...that's one helluva story.

It is BB&B, probably late 20s-30s (closed legs are the key here, earlier ones had a gap)...however the post was broken off and replaced with the pin. A common repair of the era, done possibly for a board or a sweetheart. The fact they ran the pin straight across instead of diagonally into the center of the anchor head makes me think it was done for a wife or mother to use as a broach. I saw it but passed, those are almost impossible to match up when altered in such a fashion, but it's still a beautiful emblem

He accepted my best offer of $99. What do think think this one is worth with the repairs? My first BB&B, so I took a chance on it.

Hard to tell these days...BB&B's have dropped over the last few years...$150 maybe. Trick is finding a buyer...deep pocket guys are more likely to wait for an unmodified one to buy

Hopefully the 1912 streak carries over to that ellis thats up...dry spells on ebay for months on end. Now everything is coming out, spike helmet egas, ellis, nice ww1 variations...looks like Ill be spending more this month!

That Ellis is well listed...will go for market value easily

Spiked helmet emblem was not as well listed...but certainly didn't go unnoticed

I'm on the lookout for a pair of Captain dress mess shoulder knots myself