display pilots "adversary in the skies 2016"

Niki

On the weekend of the 14 august there is a big militaria show in Belgium called Wings and Wheels, and we are able to display our collection of display pilots.

In time i asked the forum of the displays pilots to be correct and with alot of help i think its looking good.

Thanks to all for the great information i got on the forum and i'm telling everyone who's in collecting air force rellated items to go to this forum and sign up to get the best information available on the net.

together with a other forum member it will be a 12 pilot display show, from WW2 to the cold war era.

This i one part of the display, the other part is WW2 .

When the shows over i will post pictures.

I know its not all American rellated flight items but for one time .... :rolleyes:

post-158693-0-74448700-1469875501.jpg

phantomfixer

this is a great setup...I like the adversaries of the sky theme...what a great mixture of flight gear...just picture them stepping out to their jets...same day...different airfields....who will not make it back today....hopefully all of em...

BlueBookGuy

Great-looking display indeed! btw, did you ever think at a Soviet high-altitude, all-pressurized MiG-25 or Su-15 pilot of the I.A. - P.V.O.?

Would be certainly the most striking one, even superior to any Western-related mannequinn - I'm speaking of a fully equipped one from the early '80s, thus having also its proper Torso Harness (PSU-36), bright orange correct Life Preserver (ASZh-58), correct Pressure Gloves (PK-1) and oxygen -electrics- pressure connectors (KP-52M/ORK-11).

Not difficult to obtain these days, with all that Eastern-side stuff floating around at more than affordable prices. If you wish I'll send you some pics of mine via PM, maybe the best of my collection.

End of O.T. :love: ...

Thanks guys,

I have a completfull display pilot from a Nord -Vietnam MIG 21 with the VKK-6M pressure suit,the leather chinese flight jacket and the GSH-6 flight helmet.

you have different choices if you dress a pilot with the russian air force.

This is one of them i found on the web and in books to put him as a vietnamees pilot to a USAF pilot .

If its possible BlueBookGuy can you show youre high altitude pilot pictures?

thx.

BlueBookGuy

The two Eastern Block pilots dressed in dark clothing are my favorites in that photo.

A pilot 'in black' still provides good contrast with greenish G-suits, and even more with Red or Orange life vests. Back ago I was keen on a possible Canadian mannequinn (F-104 pilot) from the '80s, all in black flight suit and orange life vest, before discarding my project.

That would be a great display also that Canadian F-104 pilot .

I can put 6 other pilots together but then i have to throw my wifes closet out the door ... :lol:

BlueBookGuy

Would be nice but not possible here in USMF.

Just started once, before the topic was closed and (I think) canceled. btw I do not have that problem about throwing any wife's closets away, simply 'cause I'll go instantly to sleep under our greenhouse.

So, no Canadian pilots anyway... rather, some mannequinns already gone away from collection :wacko:

I think this is one of the minor things on the forum about the "other side" B) of the USAF.

But if its not in every mail you post ... :unsure: