Alaska Pillow Cases

notinfringed

notinfringed

As I'm sure all of us are aware, pillow cases were some of the most prolific souvenir items for GIs to send home. One can not peruse Ebay without running across at least a few. I always try to pick up the Alaskan ones when I see them and they are reasonably priced. Today I managed to buy about 15 or so more at a local yard sale. At $3 each, I couldn't very easily pass them up. Here is most of my collection. If anyone wants to see better shots of some, just let me know. The satin makes it difficult to photograph.

post-2011-0-53202400-1469862517.jpg

post-2011-0-65359000-1469862524.jpg

notinfringed

This is the last one that I know where is right now. I know I have a few more in totes somewhere as well. Has anyone ever seen an Alaska Marine Corp pillow case? I haven't, and I am wondering if any were made.

post-2011-0-68618200-1469863990.jpg

notinfringed

Those are awesome!!!!

Thanks. Glad you liked them. Not nearly as cool as some of the stuff you are finding down in A town.

Brian Keith

I have a couple hundred WW II pillow covers and I'm not sure I have any from Alaska

Thanks for posting them.

BKW

• 8 months later...
notinfringed

The two in post number 18 have to be extremely rare. Annette Island landing field was a small airbase, operated by the RCAF, near Ketchikan, Alaska. Mile 26 Field was the name of the airfield that is now Eielson Air Force Base.

Wow! I see these all over the place (as im sure everyone does), but ive never seen ones from Alaska! Very cool. Cant beat the price either!