Mel Gibsons new WWII movie- Hacksaw ridge

Mr.Jerry

Looks Mel Gibson has a Great hit on his hands God bless the combat medics i have two friends

that were medics in at the Bulge and 1 in Nam.

Garandomatic

The Pacific sure nailed that... I felt like the rain was driving me nuts as well on new britain and okinawa.

Those guys seem to be missing some ponchos

Looks like a great tribute film to a great American hero! Any late news on the Spielberg 8th AF film? Bobgee

I had to Google the award as well to see who the movie was about. We all know a few medics in WW2 were awarded this and that many soldiers feel their unit medics deserved one, as well.

The funny thing about this trailer was while I was watching it, I thought, "people are gonna go nuts, as there are no Marines in a PTO movie!" I always like to remind folks there were far more Army personnel in the PTO than Marines...

Brian Keith

If there ever was a soldier that deserved the MOH, it was Mr. Doss.

Looks like a great movie, I'm thinking about getting in line tonight.

BKW

CHASEUSA11B

If you guys haven't seen the documentary the "conscientious objector" on Desmond doss, you are missing out.

It's one of my favorite docs and is very inspirational

Looks very promising, and unless it's like a completely rediculous premise like GI's vs. Hitler's Zombies, I'm usually every happy to see WWII period piece movies come out.

I had to Google the award as well to see who the movie was about. We all know a few medics in WW2 were awarded this and that many soldiers feel their unit medics deserved one, as well.

The funny thing about this trailer was while I was watching it, I thought, "people are gonna go nuts, as there are no Marines in a PTO movie!" I always like to remind folks there were far more Army personnel in the PTO than Marines...

I hear you. When we do an Army 25th Infantry division pacific reenacting impression at our Reading WWII weekend, I can't tell you how many people come by and see the bamboo and go "Oh cool...Marines!" Argh. Drives me up a wall!!

Salvage Sailor

The story of Desmond Doss has always been on my top 3 US war movies which have not yet been made....

Devil at My Heels, the story of Louis Zamperini (1956) - released as Unbroken (one down)

The Unlikeliest Hero, the story of Desmond Doss (1967) - to be released as Hacksaw Ridge (second in production)

Now to get Hollywood's attention to this WWI gem on it's upcoming Centennial .....

Prisoner of the U-90 by Edouard Viktor Michel Izac (1919)

Now to get Hollywood's attention to this WWI gem on it's upcoming Centennial .....

Prisoner of the U-90 by Edouard Viktor Michel Izac (1919)

Y'know, with the centennial of WW1,

is apparently the only movie Hollywood is doing right now:

• 4 weeks later...