PANORAMIC PHOTO UNIT ID HELP

Grandpasgarage

Grandpasgarage

I have this great panoramic photo I picked up at a sale and need help with possible identification. Is there someone I can mail the photos to so they can post them? I cant figure out how to make them smaller. Anyone???

I believe the RTC stand for Replacement Training Center. With regards to exactly what location your particular photograph was taken, that will be next to impossible to know unless there's some other marking on the photograph to tell. There were many Replacement Training Center locations during WW2. This link will give you some history and perspective on Replacement Training Centers. Start looking around page 350. http://www.history.army.mil/html/books/104/104-9/CMH_Pub_104-9.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how much you've looked this photo over, but have you taken it out of the frame? I seen many time that they are framed in a way that covers the unit printed on the photo. It also could be written on the back of the photo.

I'm thinking that glassing the original photo for clues is going to be your best bet.

Good Luck!