I would like to buy a tank, please, certainly Sir.

General Apathy

Tank_M_3_R_R.jpg

Hi Everyone, just a quick note to say that all the M-3' are now safely arrived in England, I believe two have already been sold, although the attached photo shows all sixteen.

Already looking a little better than when found on that windy hillside

Yard full of metal and the proud owner.

Cheers ( Lewis )

Now THAT is a collector!

General Apathy
I'm dying of curiosity about where and how they were found. WOW!

Dave

Hi Dave, well I can say that you need not die for this information, or wait any longer I can now let the full story be read at the link below, you can go ahead and spend the kids inheritance now, enjoy your tank.

http://www.milweb.net/features/m3a1_stuart_tank.php

Tanks a lot ( Lewis )

Thanks a lot for the link to that article Lewis, thumbsup.gif Very interesting! Is the one tank which stands out among the rest apart of the 16 or is it one the guy already had?

- Jeff

General Apathy

Hi Jeff ( ww2vault ) thanks for your comments, the one out front is one of the sixteen. thumbsup.gif

Hi Robert ( LtRGFRANK ) sorry to say you won't be flying anywhere soon, none of the tanks are mine, those heavy metal days are over for me, quite happy with one small little 1943 Ford GPW Jeep, fits in the living room easier. :rolleyes:

Hi Bugme, pleased to hear that you have enjoyed this thread, you could always buy one of the tanks minus

the engine and try a VW 1300 as a more economical idea engine. :lol:

Cheers all ( Lewis ) ;)

Hi Bugme, pleased to hear that you have enjoyed this thread, you could always buy one of the tanks minus

the engine and try a VW 1300 as a more economical idea engine. :lol:

Cheers all ( Lewis ) ;)

The 1300 barely has enough power to move a beetle so, I highly doubt that a 1300 would have enough power to move the turrent much less move the rest of one of these multi-ton bad boys! :lol:

Hi Jeff ( ww2vault ) thanks for your comments, the one out front is one of the sixteen. thumbsup.gif

Cheers all ( Lewis ) ;)

Lewis,

Ah, ok, well I you to answer something for me then. In the original photo that you posted in Post #1, is the tank that stands out in the recent photos the fourth tank from the right in the picture attached below? If so, did he do a paint job on it or something? think.gif

- Jeff

post-1090-1225237534.jpg

I hope we will see the end results of some restorations in the (near) future.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Let's hope they will find a stack of M10s and M36s soon too. :lol:

Erwin

I wonder how much he's charging for them?

On that note, anyone know the current market value for an M3? It's been probably 15 years since I last looked at military vehicle prices.

Dave

General Apathy

Hi all fellow posters, since my last post thanks to the following, 753rd, fightingIrish35, ww2vault, Mr-X, jeeper704, capa, Dave, bobgee, and meatcan

Pleased that you have found this thread so interesting, hope to be able to report more on the tanks as I hear of their fate.

Jeff, the one at the front has had a quick paint over to show how nice the could look if restored.

Cheers ( Lewis )

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me Lewis. thumbsup.gif Please keep us up to date, I know that I have found this to be a very interesting article.

- Jeff

Nice to see that they are going to be restored after all, but their existence wasn't much of a secret. The seller (an MPVA member) has a large armored vehicles collection and had completed some restorations himself.

In the following link, click on "clips" then on the Stuart pic to see a short clip of one of the Stuarts that were restored and that remain operational in the farm:

http://www.cvmarj.com.br/06frame.htm

Here are more pics of both finished and unfinished restorations:

http://www.cvmarj.com.br/8for.htm

that is like the ultimate flea market, estate/garage/yard sale, surplus store, ebay, gun show find combined times a million! im pretty sure my girlfriend and parents would kill me if i came home with a bunch of tanks. although i know i would NOT be able to get passed the "snakes and spiders the size of saucers." Yikes. But im glad they were found and are getting the attention they deserve salute.gif

nguoi tien su

In the same kind of interest, here is a boneyard in Thailand, showing O1 Bird Dog. That was the kind of planes used by the Forward Air Controllers in SEA. Some must have been used during the war over Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam...

thaibo10.jpg

thaibo11.jpg

http://www.talkingproud.us/HistoryBirddog12.html

I also heard that the Thai Air Force quit using the OV-10 Bronco they had... I wonder what happened to them....

NTS

• 3 months later...
It may be an urban legend but someone sent a letter to the Russian government asking for a T-34, and one was shipped to him.

Bigredone:

I believe that the tank you are talking about is the one that should be donated to the Military Veterans Museum in Oshkosh, WI soon. From what I have heard from other board members and employees is that this gentleman tried to start up a museum and in the artifact gathering phase did receive a tank from the Russian government.

I will try and figure out more of the details at next week board meeting.

~Robert