"Dunkirk" movie - Warner Bros - Christopher Nolan

antek

Dirt Detective

one way of judging how good a movie was is do you actually remember the movie? some movies seem to be forgotten easily if it's not a great movie

I saw DUNKIRK about three weeks ago, and I already forgot about it or dont even think about it anymore, it only took a few days.

And..do you want to see it again?? For me..No Once was enough.

Retired Army Noncom

While at WallyWorld today, I checked the $4.99 junk bin and Dunkirk hasn't made it there yet so it must be doing OK............so far.

While at WallyWorld today, I checked the $4.99 junk bin and Dunkirk hasn't made it there yet so it must be doing OK............so far.

$412.20 million and still a strong box office contender coming in 6th place this weekend. It is predicted that it will run for two-three more weeks and will also fare well with the academy this year, sooooo, not likely to be in the cheap bin for a while... Haters gonna hate, but the facts don't lie. Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It finished at $525.60 million at the box office. While at the mall this evening I saw two dvd and blue ray displays nearly cleaned out from todays release. So, no matter if you liked, loved or hated it, it will go down as a monumental success for the genre. Scott

Retired Army Noncom

Out of 100 ?

4 out of five. The attention to detail could have been better. Needed more extras, more abandoned equipment, pano shots were rather lifeless. Aircraft seems it took forever to down but ships went down within seconds. Seems that 90% got off with their headgear but hundreds were left on the beach, so showed at the end, lots of helmets but no shots of hundreds of abandoned vehicles. What % of civilian watercraft was shown compared to what was actually used? Very little...............what it did show was the sacrifice and bravery of that generation, that can never be put in doubt.

Retired Army Noncom

It finished at $525.60 million at the box office. While at the mall this evening I saw two dvd and blue ray displays nearly cleaned out from todays release. So, no matter if you liked, loved or hated it, it will go down as a monumental success for the genre. Scott

I'll look for it to be in the bargain bin soon and I'll still pass.

4 out of five. The attention to detail could have been better. Needed more extras, more abandoned equipment, pano shots were rather lifeless. Aircraft seems it took forever to down but ships went down within seconds. Seems that 90% got off with their headgear but hundreds were left on the beach, so showed at the end, lots of helmets but no shots of hundreds of abandoned vehicles. What % of civilian watercraft was shown compared to what was actually used? Very little...............what it did show was the sacrifice and bravery of that generation, that can never be put in doubt.

What you;d have given it 5 stars in your opinion .

Retired Army Noncom

What you;d have given it 5 stars in your opinion .

Hardly, anyone can judge for themselves. Take the movie scenes from the movie and put them up next to actual photos and you'll see the movie producer needed thousands of more extras and equipment to make the beach scenes more to truth and more convincing. There was over 800 private boats in the actual operation, how many was in the movie? 15 maybe 20? The producer fell short presenting History as it actually happened.....IMO.

Retired Army Noncom

I am confused .

You give it 4 stars out of 5 but don't actually seem to like the movie.

Whats up ?

It's Christmas...I'm in a giving mood!!! ;)

What % of civilian watercraft was shown compared to what was actually used?

One interesting fact about the civilian boats is that every boat used in the movie was an actual boat used at Dunkirk. Not many people know that many of the actual boats used at Dunkirk in WWII are still around and still in use today.

Retired Army Noncom

One interesting fact about the civilian boats is that every boat used in the movie was an actual boat used at Dunkirk. Not many people know that many of the actual boats used at Dunkirk in WWII are still around and still in use today.

The brits never throw anything away if it still works. ;)