"Dunkirk" movie - Warner Bros - Christopher Nolan

antek

S

We get it. You did not like the movie, Dunkirk.

I think you misunderstood his point. What I find ironic is that you are repeatedly condemning parts of the movie, Dunkirk, while you chastised anyone who did the same thing when discussing the movie, Fury.

RustyCanteen

I understand what your saying, don't beat the dead horse

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Yes, that's all.

I was amazed to read how many ships were lost during the evacuation. I am looking forward to reading my new book.

I also found it interesting that 98,671 were rescued from the beaches and 239,555 were rescued from the harbor.

..Kat

Retired Army Noncom

I like to read comments from those that have seen the movie and compare it with another 'Dunkirk' british made for TV series if they have also seen this one too.

Thanks

Dunkirk (TV series)

We get it. You did not like the movie, Dunkirk.

I think you misunderstood his point. What I find ironic is that you are repeatedly condemning parts of the movie, Dunkirk, while you chastised anyone who did the same thing when discussing the movie, Fury.

what are you talking about ?

I liked the sound design ........

May I ask what do you do for a living ?

Do you care about it ?

Do you even have passion for it anymore ?

Good point, the Dunkirk beach scene is not too bad in Atonement, it definitely makes the characters look more buggered and desperate. but in my mind not the best rendition. Brings up a new aspect though, which beach scene was best?

Pictures from Ealing Studios film reconstruction of the evacuation of the Dunkirk, over 4000 extras took part to recreate the scenes

post-117117-0-43927600-1502195177_thumb.jpg

Stills from Atonement, whilst it does give the sense of the confusion and desperation, I believe this is meant to represent the first few days before officers and NCOs started to get the men in some semblance of order, ready for evacuation.

post-117117-0-02943800-1502195726_thumb.jpg

post-117117-0-45614100-1502195732_thumb.jpg

RustyCanteen

just realized the pic i posted in #146 is from Atonement.

I think you mean #136, as we haven't yet reached #146 yet. :)

Stills from Atonement, whilst it does give the sense of the confusion and desperation, I believe this is meant to represent the first few days before officers and NCOs started to get the men in some semblance of order, ready for evacuation.

All of these WWII pictures are great. Thanks for posting them. Interesting that the officers and NCOs started to get the men in an order for evacuation. The WWII pictures do show the long lines just like in Nolan's version of Dunkirk.

Hold on......

In the wartime picture there is more guys in the shorter line than on Nolans whole beach.

I judge this like going to the market on a busy saturday trying to gauge which checker is fast and which customer doesn't pull out the last minute discount coupons to delay the long line.

owen

Retired Army Noncom

Hold on......

In the wartime picture there is more guys in the shorter line than on Nolans whole beach.

I judge this like going to the market on a busy saturday trying to gauge which checker is fast and which customer doesn't pull out the last minute discount coupons to delay the long line.

owen

Pay for participants back then was far less but more dangerous, total opposite today. :D

I heard today that the civilian boats used in the movie were the same civilian boats that participated at Dunkirk. I know of some original boats that still participate at reunions.

...Kat