P37 "Bold" EM EGA in Sterling?

Brig

I have long suspected that this pattern was an H&H piece, with a bolder emblem than on typical P37s. I base this off of several collar emblems I've found that are strikingly similar, many of which are marked H&H. I have since probably checked the backs of over 100 of the cover emblems in dress and service, and never found a mark. I also surmise these were a between WWII-Korea pattern, as I have owned several that had the long, thinner posts often seen on late war pot metal emblems.

Anyway, I haven't added to the collection in several months, due to paying off another purchase. But I do keep an eye out for lots of misc to part out. Not uncommon to find the occasional EGA or 2 in a pile of Army and Air Force pins, this came in such a lot.

Every service version I've seen of this one has been in bronze, however this one with most of its finish gone clearly is not. I suspect sterling, which could date these emblems a bit earlier than I thought. So, still the occasional surprise popping up now and then...

Bronze left, sterling right

25.1F.JPG