Special Forces ERDL Jungle Jacket of Fred Caristo

63 RECON

hi all,

I am lucky enough to be the new owner of this ERDL Jungle Jacket and in country made silver bracelet which belonged to retired Special Forces Lt Col Frederic J. G. Caristo.

Frederic Caristo spent eight years in Vietnam, serving with the BDQs, Phoenix Program and SOG where he was integral to the development of STRATA. He was awarded among others a DSC for his part in a POW rescue attempt, Bronze Star w/valor device and 3 oak leaf clusters.

Below is a link to his DSC citation.

http://valor.militarytimes.com/recipient.php?recipientid=4897

post-117117-0-28552400-1466426888.jpg

Caristo's solid silver in country made bracelet which weighs about 12 ounces, it has a great latch and either Thai or Vietnamese writing on the side. If anyone can translate it I would be very appreciative.

post-117117-0-76758800-1466427305.jpg

Thank for the feedback and comments gents.

Klaxon, that is also what i thought but i am by no means an expert on foreign languages as I struggle with my own sometimes.

Great addition to your SF collection.

Any information on when merrow edge subdued color SSI was adopted? late 60s or early 70s?

Great jacket.I was able to spend time with a SF officer recently and this name came up in the conversation.Im sure the vet knew him.He was with SOG and knows a lot of inner workings an operations.

• 3 months later...

Great pictures. The one pic looks like he was in CID. I like the one of him in, I assume, Thailand.Looks like he's wearing an ARVN Ranger beret.