DOONESBURY CARTOON-OPERATION DESERT STORM

BEAST

Below is what I believe is Garry Trudeau's best cartoon. Hopefully you will be able to read it. It involves Representative Davenport's response to an Ivy League waiter on the soldiers of ODS.

post-203-0-89851600-1466194076.gif

• 7 months later...

I'm late to this, but I just saw it. I don't recall this cartoon, but he did some amazing work during the DS era. There are a couple of compilation books on his work, then.

The one I have never been able to find since it was first printed was showing a Armored unit being checked out prior to movement back to the states and the customs guy is so focused on contraband hidden in the tank that doesn't notice he's really looking at a T-55 with US marking on it!

I'm late to this, but I just saw it. I don't recall this cartoon, but he did some amazing work during the DS era. There are a couple of compilation books on his work, then.

The one I have never been able to find since it was first printed was showing a Armored unit being checked out prior to movement back to the states and the customs guy is so focused on contraband hidden in the tank that doesn't notice he's really looking at a T-55 with US marking on it!

Here you go; one of my favorites having watched the British load up a T-55 tank at Kuwait Airport.

post-11546-0-92698500-1485572547_thumb.jpg

THANK YOU, I've been looking for that for years and it isn't in any of his books.

I have a personal connection with this as I know of an Iraqi tank that was sent back exactly under those circumstances...