USMC department devices, Gunner Bombs, WO bars and band lyres

SgtMaddoxUSMC

SgtMaddoxUSMC

One last variation of the service A&I device which I just came across, a double post screwback version, with toothed rollers. If you own this image of these items, please contact me!
post-133515-0-65646200-1483073747.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Onto the Quartermaster department insignia. Here is the "Bailey Banks & Biddle 14K" dress device with a vertical pin-back. This piece also has an interesting red enamel C-shape on top of the hub which I think is supposed to depict the opening where a securing pin would traditionally hold the wagon wheel in place. This is the only device that I have seen with this style hub.
post-133515-0-90456800-1483304279_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Back to finish this up. Here is another dress style QM pin, this one is unmarked and not of the same quality.

post-133515-0-76260100-1492577486_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Another dress QM pin, unmarked. It is missing part of the blue enamel Also has a replacement pin. This one was purchased from a notorious ebay seller who is known to sell lots of fake junk and Bannerman stock but this was the first time I saw them offering up a QM pin so I decided to take a gamble. It still looks like a lesser quality but has some verdigris which makes me question everything. Anyway, here it is. Opinions welcome!

post-133515-0-63135900-1492578421_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Here is a set of FACING QM pins, and these one use no enamel. I suspect these are later issue and are marked N.S. Meyer Inc, New York. They were purchased as a pair however the center hubs are different. So are the sword hilts. Also, these are clutchback as opposed to pinback.

post-133515-0-00100400-1492579106_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Another all gold QM, little different style. First off, no facing mate. No markings. There are no lines on the face of the wheel. This one shows the correct securing pin on the hub. Also, this one has a diagonal pin on the back. Overall, a nice looking device.

post-133515-0-88740800-1492580524_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

This next one is a silver QM pin as described in the 1922 regulations (see post 14 and 15 on page 1). This was version to be worn by Quartermaster Clerks. Has the screw post fastener in the center. Marked STERLING and has the Meyer shield. Much of the silver has worn off over the years but still has a nice look to it.

post-133515-0-04987200-1492581713.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Another dress QM pin, unmarked. It is missing part of the blue enamel Also has a replacement pin. This one was purchased from a notorious ebay seller who is known to sell lots of fake junk and Bannerman stock but this was the first time I saw them offering up a QM pin so I decided to take a gamble. It still looks like a lesser quality but has some verdigris which makes me question everything. Anyway, here it is. Opinions welcome!

attachicon.gifDSC01742.jpg

To my eye, looks theater made?

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Next, the service Quartermaster devices. First one up is a nice pinback version with roller catch, marked FIRE BRONZE over a BRONZE mark. Also has the Meyer shield. This one has a raised, round hub on the wheel.

post-133515-0-69001600-1492661401_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Number two is a facing version of the last one, although again there is no mention in the regs about these coming in facing pairs. Also marked FIRE BRONZE over BRONZE, also with the Meyer shield and also with the roller catch (although this one is missing the roller). The hub on this wheel is is much better shape and worn down to a bump like the last one is.

post-133515-0-18827100-1492662135_thumb.jpg

Erik

Good to see that you find the time to make the pictures so we could see the details.

It is a good reference to other collectors.

Michael

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Here is a clutch-back service QM device. The clutch-back is first mentioned in the 1929 regulations. Unmarked.

post-133515-0-31578400-1492732028_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Here are a pair of non-facing service QM devices, Imperial marked and sporting the H-H eagle (although in different spots), with roller catches. Note that on these ones the face of the wheel is smooth like single gold device in post 62. The hubs are made up of three raised circles and do not have the center raised bump like the previous service devices. They also do not have the cut-out sword hilts and the upper arms seem to flare upward.

post-133515-0-72454500-1492734016_thumb.jpg