Interesting WAC portrait. Does anyone recognize the patch?

Eric Queen

That is great info Kat (and Bob). Thank you very much. Well, you may have solved the mystery. At least it sure does look like the lady in the photo (Kat's link) is indeed wearing the Com-Z patch (so the first three guys who commented were most likely spot on).

Very cool to know which unit she was in.

Also, with the original photo I also received her original WAC two piece collar disc. If you would like to have it (and a copy of the photo) it's yours. Just send me your address again.

Thanks again to all who responded.

I am still not convinced that it is the Com-Z patch. If you zoom in on the picture I attached, the top of it is not completely round like the Com-Z patch. Also, the sides look a little different. The sides of the patch in both pictures look more like wreath leaves or some kind of a design and not the blue color shape in the Com-Z patch.

I have not been able to find what kind of patch the 6888th would have worn. If we can find that out, it would help prove or disprove.

...Kat

Sounds good. Thanks. It looks more like the Com-Z patch in the photo in your link (straight on angle) but, admittedly it is not crystal clear.

Sounds good. Thanks. It looks more like the Com-Z patch in the photo in your link (straight on angle) but, admittedly it is not crystal clear.

I could be wrong. I was looking and looking for a better picture of a patch the 6888th would have worn but haven't found one yet. That would definitely prove one way or the other. I will keep looking! :)

...Kat

Very cool photos! Thanks for the additional info Kat it was very interesting. Glad this one got solved.