• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jblodg

jblodg
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,195
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:49 AM

First wanted to comment on the Klie EGA book I just received.  Outstanding and thanks, just the reference I have been looking and waiting for.  Regardless of the completeness of the information in the book and the section on fakes, there is always one I assume where a person is not as certain.   Provides an opportunity to add that information to the knowledge base.  I Obtained these Collar discs along with other EGA's from a dealer.   He indicated that they were "dress" discs.  They are a gold tone which I have not seen.  Was there the bronze tone service discs and gold tone Dress discs or?  Thanks for any information.

Attached Images

• 002 (535x401).jpg

#2 jblodg

jblodg
  • Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:50 AM

Back side;

Attached Images

• 005 (535x401).jpg

#3 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 22
  • 22,024 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

We discussed gilt discs several years ago... http://www.usmilitar...a-collar-discs/

I believe there is another topic about them, as well. I think we determined that they may have existed, and in some cases were made by polishing off all the finish on the service issue disks. 

Flash washes out your disks, but I don't like the details on those

Sidenote, what's up with your broken avatar pic?

#4 jblodg

jblodg
  • Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

I don't know what is up with the avatar.  Was alright for months then went . . . Will have to replace it.  Don't use a flash, must be the bright natural light.  They don't appear to be polished as the insignia lines are sharp.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users