Masters of the Air/The Mighty 8th on HBO?

james127

Last year, I was hearing a lot about a new series that Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg were producing for HBO that was going to focus on the 8th during WWII. Does anybody know what happened with that or if they have a targeted release date? Seems like any news about it kind of fell off.

tdogchristy90

Yes it's still around, but you're right it is very quiet. Last I saw they may be targeting a fall 2016/beginning 2017 release.

This quote was taken from an "update" article from July 2015.

Having just returned from a trip to England in the past month, Miller unofficially scouted out possible filming locales at several airfields. However, he reports that Hanks will have final say on the miniseries film locations throughout Europe. Miller stressed that filming hasnt begun at this time, but the start of production could commence very soonsince the script is just about ready to go final. No formal air time has been announced by HBO.yet. But with the script nearly complete and filming to begin quickly thereafter, Masters of the Air could arrive for HBO viewers in late 2016 or by early 2017.

So in still thinking fall 2016/2017.

jkash23686

Filming has yet to start but is in the pre-production stage and filming could start very soon, since the script is ready to go into its final draft. No ‘formal’ time as been announced yet by HBO but with the script nearly complete – filming will start soon after it has been signed off. It could be on our screens by early 2017.

Filming has yet to start but is in the pre-production stage and filming could start very soon, since the script is ready to go into its final draft. No ‘formal’ time as been announced yet by HBO but with the script nearly complete – filming will start soon after it has been signed off. It could be on our screens by early 2017.

Were you able to pull this off of a website? I've looked and haven't found anything recent.

jkash23686

Were you able to pull this off of a website? I've looked and haven't found anything recent.

I have IMDB Pro for my work and was able to see whats going on with the locked IMDB page.

I have IMDB Pro for my work and was able to see whats going on with the locked IMDB page.

Oh, sweet. Thanks!