DSC Photo

stepdale

Hello,

I picked up this photo in an antique shop today. I assume it's taken on the day this Staff Sergeant received the DSC. Based on his lightweight uniform and the ribbons that I can make out, I believe he served in the Pacific theater. There is no writing on the back. I just wanted to see if anyone might be able to identify the NCO in the photo? I realize it's a long shot, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thank you,

Dale

post-99416-0-26488900-1464815507.jpg

Eric Queen

Nice photo Dale and something you don't find every day. Proves it's still out there. Would be interesting to know what the bottom two ribbons are. I cannot make them out.

• 2 months later...

Sorry I didn't see this earlier Eric. I also can't make out what the lower ribbons are as they aren't any clearer in real life than they are on the scan. The one on the left looks almost white, though it may have some light colored stripes that I can't make out. Not sure about the one on the right either. The way they are placed on the pocket makes me think they may have just been awarded, but that may not be true either. If I had to guess, I'd say they are most likely state or local awards that he pinned on for this studio shot.