Can anyone help me identify this Flight(?) jacket?

dcarsonm

Hey Everyone,

Can anyone help me figure out what kind of jacket this is? It looks military and I was told the fabric is from the 1950's / Korean War era.

I read there were a lot of variations during that time period but I have not been able to find info on this particular one. And if you know, what the value range might be? I really like it and am so curious about it.

Thanks!

post-162790-0-04273800-1464657117.jpg

post-162790-0-39144300-1464657125.jpg

post-162790-0-67085900-1464657138.jpg

Style is like an Airforce L2B Vietnam erabut a couple differances.Typicallly the govt lables were in the left pocket on the issue ones.

Can you shoot a picture of the lable?

Thank you for the responses.

This jacket seems like a hybrid of styles which makes it really hard to find into on (it's probably not military but would they make snap on collars for a copy? That seems a little excessive). It looks like a Tanker or UCW but why have orange lining? It also looks like a l-2b but no arm pockets and no flap over pockets? And also the epaulettes? I've read some guy's had tailors do custom alterations but I doubt that's the case here.

I would guess Vietnam era too but it has a zip in lining and snaps for a fur (or other) collar - did they have cold weather gear for Vietnam?

Unfortunately there are no real tags or any markings on the jacket, the label looks like just the silk backing for a label or something.

Thanks again for any information you may have!

post-162790-0-01115600-1464707006.jpg

phantomfixer

lining looks to be same material found in the MA-1s and the L-2Bs...thinking tailor made/private purchase...but not USGI