M3 case opinion please

Jeffthebutcher

Jeffthebutcher

Hi,

I was talking to one of my old soldiers that I deployed with the other day and he said he might have something of interest to me. It was his grandfathers knife from ww2. He said it was his grandfathers and now it's sitting in his garage. If anyone could give me any input and many a fair price to offer him that would be awesome.

Thank you,

Jeff

post-162699-0-68939100-1464055535.jpeg

post-162699-0-25763600-1464055545.jpeg

Thats a nice Blade marked Case manufactured M3.

Prices bounce all over on these on ebay.I would suggest looking at the completed auctions for one in similiar condition and then make him an offer.Take into consideration there are fees on ebay as well and the seller will not end up getting the actual price it sold for after fees.

There is a bit of rust to attend to but a nice solid knife by the pictures.

Just throwing a figure out there a good price for him and you may be around the $300 mark.. the bluing on the blade seems very nice and that rust should clean off quite well.

Again, I would do what Ron is suggesting and look at completed auctions on ebay as well.. my price may be a little low but I did say a good price for him AND you. ;)

-Brian

Would add the markings on the scabbard webbing are the vets initial for his last name(M) and the last 4 digits of his serial number