MY NEW DONALD DUCK SNAFU PATCH

firefighter

firefighter

Picked this patch up today at my local militaria show. Donald is my favorite character and I like the SNAFU. I assume it's a generic novelty patch.

☆☆

Posted Image

Posted Image

firefighter

Looks like he's holding a camera.......so it's not a generic patch. Navy photo recon?

Good catch. I didn't even notice that. I just liked Donald Duck.

• 2 months later...
Salvage Sailor

Aloha Everyone,

I have one of these patches that came from a large navy collection I picked up about 10 years ago which included some combat camera patches.

The "SNAFU" patch itself is a little different from the few shown on the forum, it's a 4" round cut edge, lighter blue, faded and dirty from handling and the backing is different. I'm still not ready to ID this patch as being from a combat camera unit without something more definitive (like a photograph of it in wear). Anyone else have one of these?

I would caution members who are buying the "SNAFU" patches such as the one which started this topic and shown elsewhere on the forum as those are being knocked off in Vietnam and sold on ebay by 'the usual suspects'. Caveat Emptor

Donald Duck Snafu 001.jpg

Donald Duck Snafu 003.jpg

Thank you Sailor. Mine did not come from eBay though. I bought it at a local show from a well known collector, and I think forum member.Mine is definitely not a Vietnam knockoff but a well made U.S. manufactured patch.Below is one from eBay, you can see the differences

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Should have been more concise in my post above, your patch with the cheesecloth backing may be authentic and hopefully it is. (conversely, mine may not be or it could be a period RVN piece, who knows?)

I was pointing out that the darker blue patches are being knocked off in Vietnam for sale on eBay such as the ez.collect item below

Knockoff Duck 01.JPG

Knockoff Duck 02.JPG

• 1 year later...
firefighter

Should have been more concise in my post above, your patch with the cheesecloth backing may be authentic and hopefully it is. (conversely, mine may not be or it could be a period RVN piece, who knows?)

I was pointing out that the darker blue patches are being knocked off in Vietnam for sale on eBay such as the ez.collect item below

Sorry. Not sure why I didnt see this post from almost 2yrs ago