Need help looking for a veteran

JPower7

I'm searching for a veteran by the name of Joe Romano. He fought over in Europe with the tankers and the helmet is repainted with tank paint. He lived in Buffalo NY before moving to Florida where his daughter lives. The helmet I posted on here earlier is tied to this veteran. I've already done some research but finding it a little difficult because I (the poster) live in Canada, and wanting this to be a $0 project. So please help! I don't know where he is currently but hope to find out! I would also get in touch with this veteran and chat, listen etc.

I know:

Drafted into the 2nd Corps

Questions:

Define "tankers" armour tank or navy?

• 2 weeks later...
stratasfan

If you know his daughter's name, that would help. I can try looking.

• 4 months later...

If you know his daughter's name, that would help. I can try looking.

Unfortunately I do not know his daughter's name. But on the other hand I do know more about him. His name is Joseph C jr Romano, born in 1922. army service number is 32670538. he enlisted and served over in the European theatre. with 2nd armoured division, 66th armoured regiment as a private. Enlisted on November 28th 1942 in Erie county, Buffalo NY.

This may be his wife's obit:

ROMANO - Jennie T. (nee Lombardo) January 8, 2012. Beloved wife of Joseph C. Romano; dearest mother of Camille (Michael) Sorenson, Annette (Mark) Urkewich, Joan (David) Randall, Joseph (Karen) Romano; survived by eight grandchildren; sister of the late Dominic Lombardo; sister-in-law of Sandra Lombardo; survived by many nieces and nephews. Friends may call Wednesday 1-4 PM and 7-9 PM at the DIETRICH FUNERAL HOME, INC., 2480 Kensingtion Ave., Amherst, NY 14226. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday at 9:30 AM at St. Peter and Paul Church, 5480 Main St., Williamsville, NY 14221-5434. Please assemble at church. Online condolences at www.TheDietrichFuneralHome.com
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/buffalonews/obituary.aspx?n=jennie-t-romano&pid=155414189#sthash.sKQsiPgd.dpuf

This may be his wife's obit:

ROMANO - Jennie T. (nee Lombardo) January 8, 2012. Beloved wife of Joseph C. Romano; dearest mother of Camille (Michael) Sorenson, Annette (Mark) Urkewich, Joan (David) Randall, Joseph (Karen) Romano; survived by eight grandchildren; sister of the late Dominic Lombardo; sister-in-law of Sandra Lombardo; survived by many nieces and nephews. Friends may call Wednesday 1-4 PM and 7-9 PM at the DIETRICH FUNERAL HOME, INC., 2480 Kensingtion Ave., Amherst, NY 14226. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday at 9:30 AM at St. Peter and Paul Church, 5480 Main St., Williamsville, NY 14221-5434. Please assemble at church. Online condolences at www.TheDietrichFuneralHome.com

- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/buffalonews/obituary.aspx?n=jennie-t-romano&pid=155414189#sthash.sKQsiPgd.dpuf

Thanks :) By chance would you be able to find Mr Romano's obit? Assuming he passed away?