EGA Opinion

cerick1450

cerick1450

Is this a WW2 era EGA. Sorry I do not have a backside photo. It appears as if the North and south America are separate formed and attached to the earth.

Thanks

post-13198-0-05654000-1463081702.jpg

Some of the very knowledgeable folks can give you more detail but yes it is from that period. from the 30sor 40s the and separately applied continents are normal for officer's EGAs.

No...it's post war, circa Korean War timeframe

It's a WWII pattern, by H&H Imperial...however that emblem is 1950s. The wings were flattened, finish dulled, and rope coiled tigher around it's anchor head during this period...not sure if H&H sold the pattern off or what, but these Korean era ones are often made by Vanguard. I suspect it is unmarked, Vanguard marked, or marked with a simple 3 digit manufacturer code on the rear

No...it's post war, circa Korean War timeframe

It's a WWII pattern, by H&H Imperial...however that emblem is 1950s. The wings were flattened, finish dulled, and rope coiled tigher around it's anchor head during this period...not sure if H&H sold the pattern off or what, but these Korean era ones are often made by Vanguard. I suspect it is unmarked, Vanguard marked, or marked with a simple 3 digit manufacturer code on the rear

never noticed those details before since not really collecting them. good to know!

• 2 weeks later...

It is a straight up Vanguard pattern. Although similar to the H&H, it has multiple variances from the H&H. The eagles are not the same. The continents are not the same.