Army Military Intelligence badge

firefighter

• 2 weeks later...
oakleaf777

That is cool. I remeber seeing lots of MP and CID badges for sale in the vendors stalls in Itaewon outside Yongsan USAG when I was there 1996-1997. Dont ever remember seeing Army Military Intelligence badge, though. Occasionally on gate guard duty, I would have soldiers in civilian clothes present MI badge and credentials as ID.

Jumpin Jack

I was detailed to the Counter Intelligence Corps 1961-1964, and carried the badge and credentials. When I was transferred back to the Infantry, I was required to leave my badge and credentials behind. Years later, after becoming one of the first RA officers in the newly established Military Intelligence Branch, I found out that I could have retained my badge simply by requesting it. One of the few laments in my military career. Jack

Jack,

A buddy of mine was MI.(VN era Hawaii). He was able to get a badge from a MI group(had to prove service). It is mounted on a plague with his info.It appears to be a real badge. May not be your old one but would be a neat substitute.If you want the info,let me know.

firefighter

Interestiing information guys. This badge obviously had a pin back for a uniform, I cant imagine this being on a uniform. Did the wallet badges have a pin attachment?

FF,

I'll check with my friend about the attachment.Like most badges,there are variations.His had the blue enamaled high lights and a panel w/Agent on it.

Bob

Jumpin Jack

In my case, the credentials were in a pocket with celluloid window on one side of the leatherette folding holder, with the badge pinned to the other side.

Yes 72psb, I would very much like information on this. Thank you very much for mentioning this. Jack

firefighter

Thank you guys again for the information. It's hard to see but the middle seal has 'WAR OFFICE' across the bottom. I thought that was a WW2 era name, before DoD?

I suspect this is a knock-off badge - the real ones are serial numbered and I don't see any numbers on this one.

As an aside, the badges presented to retiring CI soldiers I've seen were their actual numbered badges, but sealed in Lucite to prevent their being carried. I guess mounting to a plaque would serve the same purpose.

firefighter

I suspect this is a knock-off badge - the real ones are serial numbered and I don't see any numbers on this one.

As an aside, the badges presented to retiring CI soldiers I've seen were their actual numbered badges, but sealed in Lucite to prevent their being carried. I guess mounting to a plaque would serve the same purpose.

Thats pretty much what I suspected.But for around $5 I couldn't pass it up.