USMC Female MGySgt chevron w 3 rockers

SgtMaddoxUSMC

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Okay that makes more sense... those are the same ones that I have on my display. So we are back to two variations of the female SMMC chevrons. I still find it strange that the older style is merrowed but the later ones are cut edge. Even the other chevrons in the older female style have the cut edges. Perhaps they were only merrowed due to the rank itself? But if that were the case, why would they not continue it with the second style? I have emailed the MCUB to see if they might have any info.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Exactly my point - why then does the style chevrons you sold (the ones on the left side of the image i posted) have merrowed edges and they are the older style with the thin stripes. And the ones on the right in the image are the current size but with cut edges.

• 6 years later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Just in case anyone is reading this all these years later, these small SMMC chevrons were NOT made by accident and were NOT meant for women.  These were prototype/experimental chevrons made for the (male) SMMC to wear on mess/evening dress jackets before the large 6" chevrons were developed.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:51 AM, SgtMaddoxUSMC said:

Just in case anyone is reading this all these years later, these small SMMC chevrons were NOT made by accident and were NOT meant for women.  These were prototype/experimental chevrons made for the (male) SMMC to wear on mess/evening dress jackets before the large 6" chevrons were developed.

I don't know, I've seen them in khaki and those certainly weren't being worn on dress messes

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Small SMMC's in khaki? That'd be a new one to me.  But the dress ones were created for the purposes I stated above, I have the original documentation from the uniform board.  Would love to see pics of small khakis if you have!