5 replies to this topic

#1 FightenIrish35

FightenIrish35
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,581
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

Greetings,
My father and I are into collecting 77th Division items and there was a grouping of a Frank CAMERON who was in the same Regiment as my grandfather so we aquired it. Im tryin to figure out what this Ribbon is. At first I foolishly thought it was bronze star thinking that the backround is a brownish tint. Can anyone help me out on this one. He must have been awarded it twice as he has a star on it for a second award.

Regards,

Attached Images

• frank_cameron.jpg
  • ribbon.JPG

#2 316th FS 324th FG

316th FS 324th FG
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,463
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

Philippine Liberation Medal

#3 Salvage Sailor

Salvage Sailor

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 2,322
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

Philippine Liberation Medal

The Philippine Liberation Medal is intended to recognize military service in the last days of World War II when the military of Japan was driven from the Philippines and then to eventually surrender in September of 1945. To be awarded the medal, a service member must have served in the Philippines for at least thirty days during the eligible time period, or must have participated in one of the following actions:

Participation in the initial landing operation of Leyte and adjoining islands from October 7 to October 20, 1944

Participation in any engagement against hostile Japanese forces during the Philippine Liberation Campaign of October 17, 1944 to September 2, 1945

Personnel who are awarded the medal for participation in the above mentioned operations are authorized a service star to the Philippine Liberation Medal. Personnel who earned the medal for general service during the eligible time period are awarded the medal without device.

#4 316th FS 324th FG

316th FS 324th FG
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,463
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

With a service star because he either landed at Leyte 7-20 Oct 44 or participated in any engagement with the Japanese between Oct 44 and Sept 45

#5 FightenIrish35

FightenIrish35
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,581
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for helping me out.It makes perfect since as the 77TH Division fought on Leyte and also Okinawa at the end of war. Thanks for the information. http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

#6 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users