New Reproduction Inland M1A1 Paratrooper Carbine

Ronald

Anyone seen the new Inland M1A1 paratrooper carbine and if so, any opinions. Would it be a good filler since originals ones seem to be out of reach in price. Ron

Buy a WW2 era carbine for $600-700, get a repro folding stock for just under $200 and enjoy for less than the new Inland.

That does makes sense. I have a Standard Products High Wood but thought the paratrooper was always appealing. Of course, original ones far exceed my retirement pay check!

The stock on the new Inlands is nicer than any repro stock on the market. The rivets on the cheek piece are not correct but you can't get those original rivets anymore. The wood is good looking and has the original markings on it just like the originals. The guns are marked in two inconspicuous areas that they are new. (Under the receiver inside the stock) One thing they couldn't duplicate from the original is the "lack" of accuracy. The new guns are far more accurate than the originals. I was hitting head size steel targets with ease at 100 yards. All in all these are far superior than any repros on the market. My main complaint is that the parkerized finish on the steel does not duplicate the War 2 finish.

Ronnie

Inland Division of General Motors. Initially made wood-rimmed steering wheels, then switched to rubber products for GM. The other notable thing they made during WWII was tank tracks for Allied tanks.

Dirt Detective

I think the new produced M1A1 Carbines look nice but I dont understand why they made the second version, I think the first version with high wood, type 1 barrel band and early peep sight would have looked much nicer.

I think they work fine as a filler.

They are also going to be making a 1911A1 sometime time soon.

Ronnie

Charlie Flick

The May, 2016 edition of the American Rifleman magazine has a complete review of these new Inland reproductions.

Charlie

I saw that but wanted to see if forum members had any opinions. They are far better at reviews than reading an article.