A Few Bell Crowns

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Figured I'd post some of my WW1 bell crown covers. First up the Chief's. I think I have one of every variation. From L-R Summer white, working tan (aviation), blue, and aviation green (believe this is for ADM Plunkett's Naval Battery, have never seen a Chief aviation green coat)

post-21147-0-30730000-1461898666.jpg

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Going to work on the scrambled egg ones next! Should be easy!!!!!!! lol Yeah, right! The only scrambled egg ones I've ever seen have been blue

Beautiful collection of hard to find bell crowns (or, as my career Marine Dad used to call them, pee pots.) I have a question on the aviation green cadet one. Is the bullion insignia part of a removable band that fits around the entire cap?

Thanks,

Steve

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Steve,

It is a removable mohair band. Every one that I've ever seen has been, which makes sense, since upon comissioning, he could just swap out the bands and not need a new cover. I've found that cadet covers are harder to kind than officers, but don't command the premium for some reason. I'd love to find a WO cover. There was one on e-bay about 6 months ago that I was the under bidder on at $800 +

John

• 2 years later...

Do you still have any of these? If so, could you post some additional images of the blue CDR's cover? I have been searching all over for detailedreference images.