The Devils in Baggy Pants: Question

Persian Gulf Command

Persian Gulf Command

Can someone let me know how you can tell if an edition of the 504th PIR History "The Devils in Baggy Pants" is an original printing or one of the later editions?

Thanks!

Believe there should be a page in there right at the front that says the edition, and lists the dates of all previous editions. If there's multiple years, it's not a first edition

Persian Gulf Command

The one I'm looking at has: Draeger Freres, Paris, France in the center of the last page at the back of the book. There is no date of printing.

If it is an original any idea what a fair price to pay would be?

Persian Gulf Command

I went and bought the book. I do believe it is from the original 1945 printing.

It is a large format 9 3/4" x 13 1/4"

Cover:

post-17994-0-85066700-1461710330.jpg

firefighter

It's an ORIGINAL printing.I have one and the binding is fragile, be careful. An expensive book $200++. I got mine for under a $100.

Yes, nice original....patience can get you one pretty cheap on Ebay etc etc, but they go for good money from a dealer or to someone that has to have it.

• 10 months later...

I was in a local group shop this week and came around a corner to see this book displayed in a case with a price tag of $50.00. I figured it was a reprint but as it turns out it's the original printed in Paris, France in 1945. The damaged spine and the crinkly pages like the ones shown above confirmed it plus it came with a reorder form from the Infantry Journal for the 508th PIR Unit History stuck inside it.

post-17286-0-08021100-1490556243_thumb.jpg

post-17286-0-29150200-1490556257_thumb.jpg

post-17286-0-56696400-1490556271_thumb.jpg