I've been looking for one of these for quite a few years now but never found one that was in a realistic price range. This one appeared on Ebay and seemed to fly under the radar. I put in what I thought at the time was a low bid and won it. Despite the fact that it was issued evident by the Troop F stamping on the back, it appears to have had minimal use. Goes to show that Ebay still has some bargins out there.

Best George

post-2782-0-61991600-1461277864.jpg post-2782-0-13545400-1461277961.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very nice belt!! These a VERY tough to find. Congrats. I was fortunate to find one at a show a couple years ago.

Fritz

• 1 year later...

What would one of these belts and in the same condt normally sell for. I have one I bought many years ago but can't remember what I paid, and didn't write it down but I do remember it wasn't very cheap.

As I'm in the process of selling off most of my collection and it will be for sale as soon as I get some kind of general idea of what to list for. Ray

What would one of these belts and in the same condt normally sell for. I have one I bought many years ago but can't remember what I paid, and didn't write it down but I do remember it wasn't very cheap.

As I'm in the process of selling off most of my collection and it will be for sale as soon as I get some kind of general idea of what to list for. Ray

Sold two out of my pile within the last two or three years. One sold for 8 something and the other 9 something. I wouldn't consider them rare but just expensive as they're way more uncommon than typical pre WW1 belts. Keep in mind I start my auctions at $1 and let it ride. Collectors dictate price so long as it's listed correctly. I've seen several listed in the 1250 range and they don't sell. Obviously condition and unit markings make the difference. Something in the line of 10th cav will help price and sale, and of course unmarked mint will really take it over the top. Neat belts with lots of images on the border. One of my favs!