Squad Leader

Joe55

Greetings all,

Its been a while since I posted here, so here is a project I finished last week. This is an Alpine figure in 1/16 scale labeled as a 1st Inf Div soldier, however I decided to have this guy as a squad leader of the 104th Div., the Timberwolves. All I did was to sand off the 1st ID patch and add the Timberwolf patch. I also placed a horizontal white stripe decal at the back of his steelpot to represent a noncom. He is painted up using acrylics over good ole cheapo auto body primer. Hope you like him, and thanks for checking him out.

Joe

post-120035-0-05368100-1460419125.jpg

McDermut99

Thanks for your comment. Having a very well sculpted figure really helps :D!

respectingthesacrifice

Thank you for checking him out and your comment too :)!

Joe

Did you use a wash of any kind to create the shadows or darker areas in creases of the uniform?

I have on occaision done just that, but only on smaller scale figures like 1/35th. On larger scales I typically use darker tones of the base color and paint them in in a controlled manner. If I end up where I have too much contrast between my lights and darks, I may use a wash/glaze to blend in the tones and cut back the contrast.

Joe

I have on occaision done just that, but only on smaller scale figures like 1/35th. On larger scales I typically use darker tones of the base color and paint them in in a controlled manner. If I end up where I have too much contrast between my lights and darks, I may use a wash/glaze to blend in the tones and cut back the contrast.

Joe

Very nice job, that takes some skill!!!

Proud Kraut

WOW, one more terrific figure; superb job! Could we see one more close-up of the soldier's face PLEASE!!! Thanks for sharing your fantastic work!

Lars

P.S.: This one is for you, Joe:

tw.jpg

Indeed that is a well sculpted piece, but you brought it to life with your painting of it. I love his facial look, the Tommy gun and the leather holster for the .45.

Your blending of dark and light shades of color is extraordinary. Very nice work here.

Semper Fi.

Manny

doyler, Waltz41, crashdive, littlebuddy, krautpot, tsweeney,

Thank you all for looking him over and your compliments, I truly appreciate it :)!

Rakkasan187, Thank you there Master Sergeant :)!

Proud Kraut, Thanks Lars, I'll post a couple more pics. At least it'll be the best I can manage with a cell phone. By the way, that Timberwolf patch is awesome!

ArtyScout, Thanks Manny, I tried to mimic the color and scuffs on the .45 holster to one I have in the collection Always faithful!

Joe

post-120035-0-84133400-1461119870.jpg

Could you please show us more figurines you have painted?

Eric

Howdy Eric,

I have many more figures but unfortunately they are not appropriate to this forum. This is because they are not US Military. I have Brits, French, Russian, Vikings, Ronin, Teutonic Knight, well, you get the idea.

I don't know how to provide links to my other posts, so here is a list that is within this Modeling forum:

p.6, Paratrooper Bust, 551st PIB

p.5, Lincoln

p.5, Teddy Roosevelt

p.5, USAAF Pilot

p.4, BAR Gunner

p.4, Top Soldier

p.4, A Brief Respite

p.3, Cavalry Trooper

p.3, Master of Chaos

Go to the pages listed in the left column and scroll down to the title or to whatever I posted (Joe55).

Thank you for your interest :)!

Joe

respectingthesacrifice

Howdy Eric,

I have many more figures but unfortunately they are not appropriate to this forum. This is because they are not US Military. I have Brits, French, Russian, Vikings, Ronin, Teutonic Knight, well, you get the idea.

I don't know how to provide links to my other posts, so here is a list that is within this Modeling forum:

p.6, Paratrooper Bust, 551st PIB

p.5, Lincoln

p.5, Teddy Roosevelt

p.5, USAAF Pilot

p.4, BAR Gunner

p.4, Top Soldier

p.4, A Brief Respite

p.3, Cavalry Trooper

p.3, Master of Chaos

Go to the pages listed in the left column and scroll down to the title or to whatever I posted (Joe55).

Thank you for your interest :)!

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks for the list. Very nice ones too, I like in particular A brief respite and the paratrooper bust. You really have a great talent. Good paintaing for the next project!

Eric

Lars, you are welcome , and thank you :)!

Eric, glad you enjoyed looking at the other figures, and thank you for the compliments :)!

Joe