VMSB-231

TLeo

Recently aquired a nice, large 5 inch (even with a bit of moth damage) wartime patch from VMSB-231 "ace of spades" who flew SBDs. I sort of got away from patches a little bit ago but decided to dip back in.

post-5081-0-04029000-1459957715.jpg

Tleo, you might want to check with JPStout to see if he has the name of the veteran this once belonged to. This originally listed on EBay along with another patch in better condition (separate auctions) about a year ago (maybe more). I think the patches were sold from an estate along with other ribbons and paper items, but can't recall exactly. JP may have more info. Jeffro

Really nice patch. Based on that very tight cheesecloth backing, there's a good chance it's actually pre WW2.

Tleo, you might want to check with JPStout to see if he has the name of the veteran this once belonged to. This originally listed on EBay along with another patch in better condition (separate auctions) about a year ago (maybe more). I think the patches were sold from an estate along with other ribbons and paper items, but can't recall exactly. JP may have more info. Jeffro

Thanks Jeffro, I'll try and check with him. Kurt that is interesting so I would love to hear from anyone else about that to see if it is indeed pre war.

Tom

• 10 months later...