Homemade Diorama Shed

Ronnie

I've been hunting eBay for sailors to populate my camp. Toy sailors are not easy to find but I did find a few. I cleaned them with dawn detergent then I painted them. I'm thru with most of them except the aviator. I have some finishing work to do on him. Thought I would post them for you all to see.

Thanks.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-14231900-1463210827.jpeg

post-7752-0-11027800-1463210837.jpeg

post-7752-0-20561600-1463210850.jpeg

Here's an update. I'm sort of at a stand still. However I did go the the Hobby Lobby and purchase some more trees, bushes , and weeds. Next I will build my box to put this in. However I did get a little board and painted another figure. This guy is way to large for my diorama but I've had him a looonnnggg time so I thought I would dress him up. How do you like him? He didn't have a helmet but I found one for him that I think looks pretty good. I added some silver paint on the edge where it always gets knocked off of a helmet.

I think he looks good. I'm gonna put him in my display case where I have lots of my old memories.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-73856400-1463720378.jpeg

post-7752-0-33601800-1463720389.jpeg

post-7752-0-94564900-1463720400.jpeg

I bought a couple of funky little1:32 scale diecast jeeps made by Testors...the paint people. They come in OD of course. I painted the seats and the rolled up canvas stuff in the middle of the floor a field drab color to sort of change it up a little. After looking them over I realized I could take the other one apart and repaint it entirely. So I took it apart and painted the chassis and the body gunship gray. Also painted the seats the same color. Again I painted the canvas part of the seats a field drab color. To again sort of mix it up and I don't think the navy had gray canvas on their gray jeeps anyway. I took the tires off the wheels and painted the wheels the same gunship gray color. Painted the pioneer kit gray then repainted the wood handles a wood color. Although I didn't age or dirty up the jeep itself I did make the windshield a little funky. I painted the instruments on the dashboard white and the knobs and brake handle black. Painted the steering wheel black and the gear shift knob and glove box button. Also painted the cover around the base of the gear shift a leather color as those covers were leather. Repainted the rear lights and the side reflectors red and the headlights white. I think they will fit the diorama nicely. Here are some photos of both.

Thanks.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-93349600-1463984973.jpeg

post-7752-0-68375100-1463984986.jpeg

post-7752-0-60384700-1463985002.jpeg

Nice, this works well, now you just need the USN and numbers decal for the hood. If I'm not mistaken I think the Navy had those on there too.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 1 month later...

Thanks Manny....looking for decals now.

Ronnie

Hey Ronnie, I don't know if you've found US Navy decals, I haven't seen or found any, but through Archer Dry Transfers they do have generic lettering and numbers in white in different scales so you can transfer them onto your jeep. They're in the Miscellaneous section of their online catalog. Their catalog #'s are: AR35107W, AR35108W and AR35143W. I hope this helps.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks Manny I'll check it out. Sort of been in limbo on this build for a few weeks. Plan to get back into it soon.

Ronnie