Homemade Diorama Shed

Ronnie

Proud Kraut

This is a great project. Can't wait to see the progress. Could you please tell us some more about the figures and could we see some close-ups of these?

Lars

Lars the sailors are "King and Country" figures. They 're out of Hong Kong and make some very nice stuff. Also make some nice vehicles. Some are pictured in my jeep collection pictured in the above section. I also found a couple of plastic figures which I painted and will add to the diorama. I will have to double up on some of the King and Country figures as they don't offer a wide selection of US Navy personnel. I am looking for other Navy figures but haven't found any to fit. I have pictured two views of the sailors for you.

I also added some more support beams to the water tower and the floor for the tank to sit on. I have to build a ladder and find a tank. I also found some picture hanging wire and rolled up a couple of pieces to simulate concertina wire and hung it in the warehouse. I posted a picture of that as well as the tower.

Thanks for the comments.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-11186000-1460935436.jpeg

post-7752-0-21642900-1460935445.jpeg

Proud Kraut

Ronnie, I asked for more infos and then didn't reply (I thought I already did) SORRY for the delay!!! Yes, King & Country, these are awesome figures. These and the other plastic figures fit perfectly, thanks for sharing! I have to try to make some of the ammo boxes as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Found some nice "King and Country" palm trees and bought two sets.....they come three trees to a set. I opened a box and put these together to see how they were gonna look. They look nice.

Working hard!

Later.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-39023400-1462074548.jpeg

post-7752-0-18525100-1462074563.jpeg

Lars the trunks are plastic and the leaves are silk or rayon....I'm not sure. They look very nice. My pictures don't do them justice.

Ronnie

superchief

Nice subject, different from the usual Pacific dioramas. I don't know if I missed it but what is the scale you are working in? It looks to be 1:35 and if so, a number of companies offer USN personnel in kit form. Trumpeter and Italeri have PT boat boat crews in different WWII uniforms. I look forward to the finished project.

Mike

Thanks Mike for the info. I think the King and Country figures are 54mm and I believe that is equivalent to about 1:32 to 1:35. I'm trying to get by without having to build figures but looks like I will have to. I did find a few more "Ideal" made figures and ordered them but they are not in yet. I plan to go to the hobby shop soon to see what they have.

Thanks again Mike.

Ronnie

ArtyScout

Hey Ronnie, those palm trees really give it that south Pacific feel. Can't wait to see the groundwork. Keep up the good work.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks Manny...appreciate it. Just so you know I have found several really good palm trees on line at some of the hobby stores. I plan to get a good many more and sort of mix it up.

Have a good one.

Ronnie

Thanks Admin. This has been fun. It is the first time I've ever done anything like this. I plan to get to work on the layout or soil whatever you call it soon.

Ronnie

Here's a really neat little pyramid tent I found on eBay. I have never seen one like this but it was a perfect fit for my diorama. Wish I had a couple more. Anyway I wanted to show you folks this. It is highly detailed.

Even came with a little weathervane.

Thanks for looking.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-82303100-1462852905.jpeg

post-7752-0-58534800-1462852932.jpeg

post-7752-0-88537500-1462853067.jpeg

Exactly Manny and almost the perfect match scale wise. Wish I could find several more.

Thanks for the comments.

Ronnie